Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Those Nail-Scarred Hands



Those Nail-Scarred Hands


@AngiePrince Hey, sweet Angie! May your heart be held tenderly in those nail-scarred hands to bring you comfort and peace.
Love ya!



I received the above "tweet" from another "Twitter Sister" Lynn Mosher yesterday that touched my heart deeply, and left me in a tender pile, weeping...

So later in the evening, I read her post from her blog, "Heading Home," and it too touched my heart deeply, stopping me in my tracks. So I asked and received Lynn's gracious permission to include her post here for you! You can find her blog at http://lynnmosher.blogspot.com/

Lynn Mosher's Blog post from yesterday along with my response to her:

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Not a Day for Words


Today is one of those days. You know. You’ve had them. Your heart is aching because life aimed its fiery darts at your heart and set it on fire and you need to hear some precious words of comfort from the Lord.

Maybe you tossed all night, kicking off the hot covers, turning over the tear-stained pillow a thousand times, hearing nothing but the beat of your own heart.

Maybe you watched for the first glint of dawn, as the clock seduced you to check it every fifteen minutes.

Maybe the words you need to hear are not for yourself but for someone you love dearly who is hurting, deeply hurting.

You yell out, “Lord, where are You?”

Then comes this whisper from the Still Small Voice…

“Today is not a day for many words. Just believe and sit quietly before Me. Open your heart and be aware of My Presence.”

After that, no more words. Nada. Zilch. Zippity-do-dah!

But then, verses bubble up from within…

*“Be still, and know…” (Ps. 46:10 NKJV)

*“But He answered her not a word.” (Matt. 15:23 NKJV)

*“She came and, kneeling, worshiped Him and kept praying.” (Matt. 15:25 Amp)

*“And behold, a woman…stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil.” (Luke 7:37-38 NKJV)

How often do we sit at the feet of our Lord just to feel His nearness, His heartbeat, His love? How often do we seek a handout rather than to hold His hand? Do we open our hearts and pour out upon Him that precious perfume of our love…without saying a word?

David wrote, “What a blessing is that stillness as He brings them safely into harbor!” (Ps. 107:30 TLB) When you experience His stillness, may it be a soft resonance within you as harmony, safety, and peace.

Oh, Lord, when in the blackest hours of my pain, when adversity attempts to overwhelm me, and there is no word from You, I will believe You are still near. I will believe You linger by my side, though unnoticed, holding my hand, though not felt. I will believe You gently wipe away all my tears. I will believe You lovingly hold my heart in Your nail-scarred hands. I will believe You soothe all my hurts. Lord, may I sit adoringly at Your feet to seek Your Presence rather than Your hand, to seek Your heartbeat rather than Your words. Amen!

My Response:


Grieving Mother/Therapist, Angie Bennett Prince said...


Dearest Lynn,


Tears. Truth. Your words penetrate my heart and all my self-centered prayers. Such a tender Savior; instead of celebrating Him, I allow myself to get caught up in "the worries of this life" that can snuff out the sweetness, the tenderness, and yes, the still, small voice of our Beloved.


Thank you for your tender soul that points me back to what is most important, to what I could so easily miss by allowing the uproar of my demands to drown out the sweetness of His love . . . His sacrificial love that called Him to give His very life for me! How could I be so blinded, deafened by my own neediness when He stands there quietly . . . ready to give me His all . . . indeed, He already has.


Thank you so much, sweet sister, for leading me back into His arms where I feel no needs, no demands, and find . . . His love . . . is enough. It is everything. I weep. In His arms. Engulfed in His love. Humbled, thankful for His forgiveness. Finding what I needed all along... for He IS love!


He leads me back to verses He showed me earlier this week:


Psalm 46:
God is our refuge & strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Selah (translating-via Wikipedia- Selah = "Stop and listen").


(And how can we not fear with the very earth caving in?) . . . Because "The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress....Be still, and know that I am God....The Lord Almighty is WITH us; the God of Jacob IS our fortress."


Thank you dear sweet sister for helping me to "stop and listen," "to be still and know," to remember "He is WITH us!"


So thankful for you, I love you dear sister!



Angie

8/26/09 12:52 AM


I will rest now . . . in those nail-scarred hands,




In Honor Of
Another "Twitter Sister"
Who Ministers to My Heart!

Lynn Mosher
http://lynnmosher.blogspot.com/



TwitThis

1 comment:

lynnmosher said...

Dearest Angie, Thank you so much for allowing me to be here. I've prayed that the Lord would use this devotional to touch the grieving and hurting hearts of your precious readers. May the Lord bless you with peace and comfort. Be blessed...Lynn

Post a Comment