Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday's Trust - Because I Must...


































Tuesday's Trust



Because I Must...




My life, her death has crushed...

I trust you God because I must!



Life itself's hard enough

Death makes life impossibly tough!



My life, her death has crushed...

I trust you God because I must!



Now my Grief saps my life,

Sets me to tears, agony, strife...



Now 3 1/2 years,

1278 days of tears...

My tears, falling like rain,

Are washing my life down the drain...



How do I proceed now?

Will You a super-strength endow?



Since my baby's life crashed,

My heart is clenched, my teeth are gnashed;

I'm bemused; soul's confused,

Don't know what's upmy life's messed up.



My life, her death has crushed...

I trust You Lord; You know I must!



Death brings such agony

I need You Lord Please comfort me!



My life her death has crushed

I trust you God. Indeed, I must!




******


When my heart was grieved
and my spirit embittered,

I was senseless and ignorant;
I was a brute beast before You.

Yet I am always with You;
You hold me by my right hand.

You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward You will take me into glory.

Whom have I in heaven but You?
And earth has nothing I desire besides You.

My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

Those who are far from You will perish;
You destroy all who are unfaithful to You.

But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;
I will tell of all Your deeds.

~Psalm 73:21-28


















Poem - Because I Must... - Angie Bennett Prince - 2/2/2010
Pictures thanks to photobucket.com


TwitThis

1 comment:

D said...

'You guide me with your counsel,and afterwards you take me into glory'..Psalm 73:24....has always been my life's verse. I have it in a black wooden frame, with a picture of a sailing ship; all muted colors, but the sails are glowing in golden hues. It's above our couch,and has been for years, and was just inches to the left of Nora's sweet head as she lay in her hospital bed. She trusted me and I trusted our Savior. Always and forever...blessings and prayers Angie..and thankyou...D.

Post a Comment