Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday's Mourning Ministry - In My Daughter's Eyes ~Martina McBride / Your Eyes...






Monday's Mourning Ministry


In My Daughter's Eyes


BoldMartina McBride


and




Your Eyes...



Newborn baby—first time I get to see,

I look down to see you are looking up at me.

The first thing I notice, as to me I see them rise,

Are your stunning, beautiful eyes…


Crystal clear green eyes—

Looking at me on another day,

Two days before your death...

And I could hear you gently say,


Mommy, you taught us our values;

Now you have to let us find our way…


You were 19; I had no right to make you stay…

But my heart agonized over decisions you might make

As I silently lifted my eyes to pray,


Father, there’s no safe place for her here!


I did agonizingly pray…


You couldn’t heed my words,

But God could hear me pray…


Now He lovingly reminds me He will keep you safe ~

For your crystal clear green eyes look into His each day…




*****







In My Daughter's Eyes


Martina McBride



In my daughter's eyes I am a hero

I am strong and wise and I know no fear

But the truth is plain to see

She was sent to rescue me

I see who I wanna be

In my daughter's eyes


In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal

Darkness turns to light and the

world is at peace

This miracle God gave to me gives me

strength when I am weak

I find reason to believe

In my daughter's eyes


And when she wraps her hand

around my finger

Oh it puts a smile in my heart

Everything becomes a little clearer

I realize what life is all about


It's hangin' on when your heart

has had enough

It's giving more when you feel like giving up

I've seen the light

It's in my daugter's eyes


In my daughter's eyes I can see the future

A reflection of who I am and what will be

Though she'll grow and someday leave

Maybe raise a family

When I'm gone I hope you'll see how happy

she made me

For I'll be there

In my daughter's eyes











Poem - Your Eyes - Angie Bennett Prince - 9/3/08, edited 9/13/10

Song - In My Daughter's Eyes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72uUzYqa4xA


TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment