Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday's Trust - Summer from Grief's Well





Tuesday's Trust


Summer from Grief's Well






"Your front yard has gone to hell,"


Said a neighbor to us today...



Such is life from th' pit of Grief's Well,

Trying to hold Grief's "weeds" at bay:


Trauma's grief, Grief's trauma ~ When

Is there time to maintain a yard?



Drought is here. Which to water then...

Drought of the yard, or Drought of th' heart


When both the yard and our grief be hard?



*****



I was talking to a client today who said she was memorizing some scripture verses. Imagine my surprise when I looked the scripture up and found God's sweet confirmation that as we trust in Him,


He ministers to us even in whatever "drought" in which we may find ourselves:




But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.


He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes, its leaves are always green.


It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.


~Jeremiah 17:7




Or, in the Message...


But blessed is the man who trusts Me, GOD, the woman who sticks with GOD. They're like trees replanted in Eden, putting down roots near the rivers Never a worry through the hottest of summers, never dropping a leaf, Serene and calm through droughts, bearing fresh fruit every season.


~Jeremiah 17:7 The Message




*****



Also...


The poor and needy search for water, but there is none, their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the Lord will answer them; I, the God of Israel will not forsake them.


~Isaiah 41:17




grace, rain






Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.


~Deuteronomy 32:2



The poor and homeless are desperate for water, their tongues parched and no water to be found. But I'm there to be found, I'm there for them, and I, God of Israel, will not leave them thirsty. I'll open up rivers for them on the barren hills, spout fountains in the valleys. I'll turn the baked-clay badlands into a cool pond, the waterless waste into splashing creeks.


~Isaiah 41:17-18 The Message



I will bless them.... I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing.


~Ezekiel 34:26b



Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge Him. As surely as the sun rises, He will appear;


He will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.


~Hosea 6:3









Picture: Thank you to Eva Soulu for her amazing art... http://soulu.cgsociety.org/gallery/
Poem - Summer from Grief's Well - Angie Bennett Prince - 9/13/10

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment