Monday, January 17, 2011

Tuesday's Trust - Did Child-Loss Change Me Into an Absentee Mother?




Tuesday's Trust


Did Child-Loss Change Me Into an


Absentee Mother?




Ever since I lost my child, my poor heart's been shot,

And every ounce of energy has been spent,

Resuscitating my lifeless bleeding heart,

Making me wonder where my mothering-heart went...



I've two children left behind to finish this earth's span;

Is there nothing left inside to love and nurture them?

Can my mothering heart stand up from the rubble to love again,

Or has it been so pulverized to permanently lose its vigor and vim?



This week, I have seen signs of life there after all

For one son turned another year older,

And up from the ashes of death's pall,

My heart rose up from its smoky smoulder

To reach out and nurture again a precious child

Who seemed to have lost his child-loss mother

Among death's child-loss steaming, wreckage pile.



Perhaps my heart lives to love again

As I feel God's Spirit sweetly hover,

With His Living Water's soothing rain

Quenching some of Death's destructive flame

In th' sweltering heart o' this child-loss grieving mother.




~ABP










Picture: Thanks to FotoSearch.com
Poem - Absentee Mother? - Angie Bennett Prince - 1/15/2011

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment