Sunday, August 21, 2011

Monday's Mourning Ministry - Where Leads This Path of Sorrow? / Perfect Peace ~Laura Story





"Through the tender mercy of our GOD... to give Light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to Guide our feet into The Way of Peace." ~Luke 1:78-79




Monday's Mourning Ministry


Where Leads This Path of Sorrow?


Perfect Peace ~Laura Story







"I bare you on eagle's wings, and brought you unto Myself."


~Exodus 19:4




Fearing to launch on "full surrender's" tide,

I asked the Lord where would its waters glide

My little bark, "To troubled seas I dread?"

"Unto Myself," He said.


Weeping beside an open grave I stood,

In bitterness of soul I cried to God:

"Where leads this path of sorrow that I tread?"

"Unto Myself," He said.


Striving for souls, I loved the work too well;

Then disappointments came; I could not tell

The reason, till He said, "I am thine all;

Unto Myself I call."


Watching my heroes--those I loved the best--

I saw them fail; they could not stand the test,

Even by this the Lord, through tears not few,

Unto Himself me drew.


Unto Himself! No earthly tongue can tell

The bliss I find, since in His heart I dwell;

The things that charmed me once seem all as naught;

Unto Himself I'm brought.




~Selected, from Streams in the Desert, Vol. I




*****







Perfect Peace


~Laura Story



Stay close by My side,

Keep your eyes on Me,

Though this life is hard,

I will give you perfect peace,


In this time of trial,

Pain that no one sees,

Trust me when I say,

I will give you perfect peace,


And you'll never walk alone,

And you'll never be in need,

Though I may not calm the storms around you,

You can hide in Me,


Burdens that you bear,

Offer no relief,

Let Me bear your load,

'Cause I will give you perfect peace,


Stay close by My side,

And you'll never walk alone,

Keep your eyes on Me,

And you will never be in need,

Though this life is hard,

Know that I will always give you perfect peace,

I will give you perfect peace...




*****



Scriptures for God's Children




Be still and know that I am God.


~Psalm 46:10a




Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid.


~John 14:27




(I will never walk alone...) for Your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in Your truth.


~Psalm 26:3




... and your life is now hidden with Christ.


~Colossians 3:3




(B)ut whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.


~John 4:14




By His wounds we are healed.


~Isaiah 53:5d




(You'll never walk alone.) The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.


~Psalm 46:11




The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their cry...


~Psalm 34:11




"Through the tender mercy of our GOD... to give Light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to Guide our feet into The Way of Peace."


~Luke 1:78-79



*****





"Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm."


~Author Unknown










Picture - http://wallpaper.pair.com/jesus/Jesus.Wallpaper.3.html
Devotional poem (August 21) from Streams in the Desert, Volume I; compiled by Mrs. Charles E. Cowman (1925)

Video - http://youtu.be/jqqfDtnv8fY


TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment