Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saturday's Sayings - Our Love Never Dies






A child's Love never dies ~
and neither does her mother's . . .


Saturday's Sayings

Our Love Never Dies











Grief is not a disease,
It is not an illness.
It is not depression.
It is, in fact
an expression
of love.
Grief can only be a disease 
if Love is.
~Dr. Joanne Cacciatore~
~via Wings of Hope-Living Forward




~~~~~






The After Loss Credo
˙·٠ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ٠·

I need to talk about my loss.
I may often need to tell you what happened -
or to ask you why it happened.
Each time I discuss my loss, I am helping myself
face reality of the death of my loved one.
I need to know that you care about me.
I need to feel your touch, your hugs.
I need you just to be with me (and I need to be with you).
I need to know you believe in me and in my
ability to get through my grief in my own way
(and in my own time).

Please don't judge me now -
or think that I'm behaving strangely.
Remember I'm grieving.
I may even be in shock.
I may feel afraid. I may feel deep rage.
I may even feel guilty. But above all, I hurt.
I'm experiencing pain unlike any I've ever felt before.
Don't worry if you think I'm getting better
and then suddenly I seem to slip backward.
Grief makes me behave this way at times.
And please don't tell me you "know how I feel,"
or that it's time for me to get on with my life.
(I am probably already saying this to myself).

What I need now is time to grieve and to recover.
Most of all, thank you for being my friend.
Thank you for your patience.
Thank you for your caring.
Thank you for helping, and understanding.
Thank you for praying for me.
And remember, in the days or years ahead,
After your loss - when you need me
as I needed you - I will understand.
And then I will come and be with you.

~via Grieving Mothers




~~~~~





From all that was familiar, I broke away.
"Now I am lost, without a place, wandering."
With no music like a fool I dance and clap my hands.
How am I to live without you?
You are everywhere but
I cannot see You. 

~Rumi
~via Grieving Mothers




~~~~~





~via Grieving Mothers



~~~~~





You've just walked on ahead of me
And I've got to understand
You must release the ones you love
And let go of their hand.
I try and cope the best I can
But I'm missing you so much.
If I could only see you
And once more feel your touch.
You've just walked on ahead of me
Don't worry I'll be fine
But now and then I swear
I feel Your hand slip into mine.

~Grieving Mother, Jill Compton




~~~~~





~thanks to Grieving mother Jackie Wergin-Trudeau via Wings Lead



~~~~~






Light a Candle

Light a candle,
See it glow,
Watch it dance,
When you feel low.
Think of me,
Think of light,
I'll always be here,
Day or night.
A candle flickers
Out of sight,
But in your heart,
I still burn bright.
Think not of sadness
That I'm not near;
Think of gladness,
And joyous cheer.
I have not gone,
I'm here to stay,
My loved one.
So when you light a candle
And you see it glow,
And you watch it dance,
In your heart you'll know
That I would never leave you
Even when you feel so blue.
I'm sitting up here with the Lord
And now watching over you.



~~~~~~






Hush Little Angel

Hush little angel, close your eyes
Fold those wings in tight
Way up in heaven above the skies
Oh what a beautiful sight.

Hush little angel, nestle right in
Your bed so cosy and warm
Living in heaven where there's no sin
And you can suffer no harm.

Hush little angel, don't you cry
God is really close, you know
He hears every whimper and sigh
And will always cuddle you close.

Hush little angel, Muma's near
She's just a heartbeat away
Hush little angel, never fear
You're in her heart to stay.

~xxfaithxx
~via Angels on Loan



~~~~~














TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment