Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday's Woe - From Deep Joy to... Deepest Grief, in Seconds







Wednesday's Woe

From Deep Joy to... Deepest Grief, in Seconds




Relief was felt today as I was able to help my child
When I found the problem he had had, could be reconciled!
Great joy flooded down with such relief,
But then immediately to follow, an immense flood of grief...

Before I knew it the tears rained down;
In sadness over you, I began to drown...
The intensity of relief had triggered my tears...
Tears that then flashed me back to you across the years,
For, then, too, I was trying to help you...
But the end results exposed such a glaring discrepancy:
A helpful solution for him, but for you... the deepest tragedy.

For him today, I experienced a major break-through...
But for you that day, out of the raging Tahoe, your precious body broke through...


Such are the days of the child-loss mother:
Deep joy for one child can trigger deepest grief for another...










Picture - Thanks to www.facebook.com/Wings of Hope Living Forward

Poem - From Deep Joy to... Deepest Grief, in Seconds - Angie Bennett Prince - 09/10/2012


TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment