Thursday, January 17, 2013

Friday's Faith - We Walked Along the Road Together








Friday's Faith


We Walked Along the Road Together






We walked along the road together,
My daughter, tiny then, and I
My heart heavy, hers light as a feather
On that tender day, bright sun in the sky.

Into my pain, she spoke her truth,
Child-like, true to her nature:
The pain was shattered down to its root
By its piercing clarity, simply, to her mother wagered.

Were you child, or angel fair
With your clear green eyes and curls of hair?
Did God take you to His skies of blue
Those few years later, back to your Home so true?
Do you still speak down into my pain
With your breath of fresh air like a soothing rain?


We walk along the road together:
My daughter with her spritely grin, and I
My heart heavy, hers light as a feather
On these tender days, bright sun in the sky.













Poem - We Walked Along the Road Together - Angie Bennett Prince - 01/13/2013


TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment