Saturday, March 16, 2013

Friday's Faith - My Heart's Home ~Angie Bennett Prince







Friday's Faith

My Heart's Home

~Angie Bennett Prince






There are times when we need to step back from life and allow ourselves the time to grieve. There's nothing wrong or crazy or unnatural about that. After losing a child, society wants to push us back into the regular routine of life only days after going through the trauma of child loss. We're told we should be brave, not cry, get busy, do "normal things" -- but rarely does anyone say "Take all the time you need to cry. Take time to grasp hold of what has happened. Take time to externalize some of the pain you're holding in." We can only fake it so long until we finally have to stop and deal with the grief. Child loss is a life-changing, traumatic happening that can't just be swept under the rug. The pain touches every area of our lives -- even the way we breathe.

~Silent Grief - Child Loss Support




~~~~~






In my distress of a very stressful week this week, God gave me a poem of comfort that was the balm that carried me through this week. May it minister to your heart, dear grieving mother and grieving father.




My Heart's Home



He will shield you with His wings,
O troubled mother without child,
For in Heav'n today she sings,
No more by Vile One is beguiled!

Under My wings, you will find shelter
Despite the evil thrown your way
in the death that Satan dealt her,
For I AM the Truth, the Life, the Way.

Within the shadow of the Almighty
By the might of My own hand,
Your own battles I am fighting;
Rest My child, and take My hand.

I AM your Refuge, and your Safety,
Your Protector, and your Shield.
Neither slow nor none too hasty
My Word of Truth, My Sword I wield.

I AM your Sanctuary and your Rescue,
Fully acquainted with your grief;
Though the Vile One will test you,
I will always provide Relief.

Rest your head upon My feathers,
Enjoy the comfort under My wing.
My heart, to yours, ever tethers;
I will lift your heart to sing.

Lie down in My green pastures;
Allow Me to restore your soul;
I'll empower for what I ask you,
So My tasks won't take a toll.

Lean on Me, not understanding;
Trust My Way, and not your own,
For I AM never too demanding;
I AM your Rest, and your heart's Home.








Be merciful to me, God, be merciful to me, for my soul takes refuge in you. Yes, in the shadow of your wings, I will take refuge, until disaster has passed.

~Psalm 57:1, World English Bible











Pictures, thanks to Google Images
Poem - My Heart's Home - Angie Bennett Prince - March 12, 2013

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment