Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday's Faith - Amidst My Tears







Friday's Faith

Amidst My Tears





It's really hard today
I don't know why;
It's a beautiful day,
not a cloud in the sky.

My heart is just broken;
The sobs and tears flow ~
My tears, your Bible soaking,
I'm missing my baby so…

Such a beautiful world,
Come alive in the spring,
But where's my baby girl
Amidst all these living things?

God bless us grieving dads and mothers,
For us, there's no relief;
Our hearts are ever overflowing
In this never-ending child-loss grief.



In this Bible given to you on Easter, 2000,
you were just turning 13...
In it you wrote:

My name: Merry Katherine Prince

The people I live with: My Mom & Dad, & 2 brothers

Things I'm good at: Running!

I like to read the Bible when I'm feeling: Lost, & in seek of help

Right now I try to please God by: Doing what is right



May I take a cue from you
as I feel lost, and seeking help,
and turn to my Lord for just a clue
to survive your loss amidst Grief's deepest well.



I look in your Bible and read our Lord's words…

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, 
....for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
.....for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
....for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness
....for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
....for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, 
....for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
....for they will be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of
righteousness,
....for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

~Matthew 5:3-12 NIV



Our value system is upside down,
As when we cry, we think we're weak,
But God in Heaven turns this all around,
For when we're at the bottom, and lost, it is Him we seek!

He comes to us, to bless our heart,
To be with us amidst this world's worst loss;
He consecrates this sacred time in the dark,
Meeting us even as we carry Grief's cross:


The poor in spirit taste a bit of His Heaven,
We who mourn, experience His own comforting,
In our meekness, we are most blessed,
For when we hunger for Him, He gives Himself more;
When we're merciful to ourselves and others, we'll receive mercy;
In our purified hearts, we better see Him!
As we give one another peace, He calls us His own daughters and sons,
And when we feel most put down, we again taste of His Heaven!



Thank You God for meeting me...
In my most weakened state of many tears,
You clear my eyes to help me see...
It is then, my Lord, that You most draw near,
granting me my much needed peace,
lifting my eyes with a view much more clear:

My child is with You and yet draws near to me,
and along with You, she wipes every tear…

Amidst a world filled with such skewed values,
It is in our tears
That You meet us and pat us,
As it is then, You and our child can best draw near,
Filling us with Love that holds the greatest of all value!

God bless us grieving dads and mothers
Who need Your comfort above all others!
Meet us here amidst each tear,
As You and our child ever to us will draw near…











Picture, thanks to Grieving Mothers, Darlene Thomas and Jill Compton
Poem - Amidst My Tears - Angie Bennett Prince - 4/5/2013
Scripture: NIV = New International Version

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment