Sunday, April 21, 2013

Saturday's Sayings - This Thing Called Child-Loss Grief...






Dear Friend,

Today you broke my heart,
In a place that was unbroken.
You did it with your thoughtless words
That should not have been spoken.
You know that I am grieving,
That my pain is deep and real.
Your hurtful words pierced like a knife.
How do you think I feel?
You may not suffer from my loss
Or share this lonely grief,
But, I'm mourning my baby
Whose life was much too brief.
I'm sure you don't know how I feel,
I don't expect you to.
Don't ask me to get over it…
That's something I can't do.
Without grief, there's no healing
It's a journey I must make.
It's not the path that I would choose,
but one I'm forced to take.
No matter how you choose to see
What I am going through,
I need compassion and support…
I'd do the same for you.

Gwen Flowers




Saturday's Sayings

This Thing Called Child-Loss Grief. . .










After the funeral and all the friends leave. When all
the errands are done, and thank you cards
mailed. When the phone calls cease, and warm 
casseroles stop coming. That is when this heart
breaking journey we call grief begins . .

~Angie Cartwright

~Grief The Unspoken




~~~~~





I can wipe the tears
from my eyes, but
I can't wipe the pain
from my heart . . .

~Grieving mother, Kathy Martibello- Stieff, sharing ~Wings of Hope-Living Forward




~~~~~






Time does not heal. But healing does take time. Give yourself the gift of time. To become whole means that as we open to the pain, we open to the loss. We break open and, as a consequence, we get bigger and include more of life. We include what would have been “lost” to us if our hearts and minds had closed against the pain, we include what would have been lost if we had not taken the time to heal.

As singer/songwriter Carly Simon tells us: “There’s more room in a broken heart.”

~Wings of Hope~Living Forward




~~~~~






~I Miss Those Close to Me Who Are Now I Heaven As Beautiful Angels




~~~~~






~In Memory of Lost Loved Ones




~~~~~~





There is a pain in my heart
Which was never there
Now that you are gone
I find the pain filling your absence.

~Ce Thibodeau 


~~~~~






I Was With You

I was with you as you cried last night, so much for counting sheep.
Your thoughts were running rampant, it was hard for you to sleep.
I knew you were missing me and wishing I was there.
You laid awake all night thinking of the memories we shared.

I watched as you tried to eat lunch. You couldn't even drink your tea.
You were thinking of all the things you wish you'd said to me.
I wanted to say, "Don't worry. Seriously, it's ok.
"I know every word you would say to me if we had another day."

I was with you when you visited my grave today.
I heard you cry out to God, "Why did you take him away?"
As hard as you try, you can't figure out why it had to be me.
Your mind is so scrambled, but someday you will see.

You will know why this happened, the reason I had to leave.
You will understand it all in time, 'til then, just belief.
There's a higher Power working and He has a perfect plan.
I didn't see it either, but trust me on this -- if you can.

Someday when it's your time to come to the other side,
I'll rush to welcome you with my arms open wide.
I'll show you around Heaven, there's so much to see.
But that time is not now. That's just the way it must be.

You must live out your journey as I had to live out mine.
And know His timing is perfect. We must trust the Divine.
So go live, laugh, and love--be who you're supposed to be
And when your job on earth is done, come Home and be with me.










Top graphic, thanks to ~Out of the Ashes

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment