Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday's Trust - On Our Anniversary ~ A Sorrow Grows






Tuesday's Trust

On Our Anniversary ~ A Sorrow Grows





Yesterday was our anniversary (our 34th!). Tommy and I were talking, and sharing with one another how much we loved each other. In this context, he shared how hard it is sometimes for him to see me crying and to know, really, he cannot comfort me, not enough anyway to stop my pain. I reassured him that along with that pain though, I am feeling the sweetness of remembering my baby. And yet, I understood his feelings of helplessness; I feel it too, when he cries…

It is hard too, that our anniversary date falls just one week after Merry Katherine's birthday when our missing her so deeply is still so fresh. This morning, Tommy said to me,


"Over time, as her birthday approaches, I am realizing that despite the years,  the pain doesn't dissipate; it accumulates!  

"All these years of being without her, and yet we face even more years to come… The pain doesn't lessen over time; it increases… 
"It seems that over time, the losses just mount up. There are more and more special days that can never be special without her…."


Later in the morning, I found the following song that expresses these sentiments so well. The song, essentially for us, serves as a sweet anniversary song, sharing our hearts' deeply-felt sentiments to one another.

We want to share our love song with you.




'Til Each Tear You Cry Becomes a Rose

~Husband and Wife, Keith Whitley and Lorrie Morgan

~lyrics by Wilbur S. and Mary Sharon Rice



Darling, I can see the clouds around you
And in your heart, I know a sorrow grows
But if you weep, I'll be right here to hold you
'Til each tear you cry becomes a rose

Dearest love, I know your heart is shattered
And all my words can offer no relief
But my love will heal the pain you've suffered
And I'll be here if you should turn to me.

Darling, I can see the clouds around you
And in your heart, I know a sorrow grows,
But if you weep, I'll be right here to hold you
'Til each tear you cry becomes a rose

In deepest night when memories tend to gather
Lay with me, and put your fears to sleep
Cause there's no pain, no dream can put asunder
All the love that binds you and me.

Darling, I can see the clouds around you
And in your heart I know a sorrow grows
But if you weep I'll be right here to hold you
'Til each tear you cry becomes a rose

'Til each tear you cry becomes a rose











Pictures, thanks to YouTube
Our Love Song Amidst Grief: http://youtu.be/SKW-TcdXKvU

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment